the Washington Nationals (14-19) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (17-21) Friday for the first of a three-game series at Chase Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 9:40 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbookthe lines around the Nationals vs Diamondbacks with MLB picks and predictions.
Washington blocked a three-game sweep against the Philadelphia Phillies by beating them 5-1 yesterday, but the Nationals have lost three straight series and are only 3-7 in their last 10 games.
Arizona dropped back-to-back games against the Miami Marlins to tie their four-game streak 2-2, and the D-Backs have lost eight of their last 10 games.
Series of the season: tie 2-2.
RHP Max Scherzer takes the start for the nationals. Scherzer is 2-2 with a 2.33 ERA (46 1/3 IP, 12 ER), 0.78 WHIP, 1.4 BB / 9 and 11.8 K / 9 on 7 starts.
- Last out: No decision in 7 1/3 IP with 1 ER, 2 H, 1 BB and 14 K in Washington’s 4-3 loss to the New York Yankees on Saturday.
- Career against the D-Backs: 7-0 with an ERA of 2.55 (67 IP, 19 ER), 0.87 WHIP and 12.8 K / 9 out of 10 starts.
- Vs. D-Backs on the current roster: 162 at-bats with a slash of .191 / .234 / .346, 46/8 K / BB, 5 HR, and 10 RBIs.
RHP Riley smith is on the mound for the D-Backs. Smith is 1-2 with a 4.85 ERA (26 PI, 14 ER), 1.50 WHIP, 3.1 BB / 9 and 4.2 K / 9 on 4 starts and 3 relief appearances.
- Last outing: Loss, 4-2, in 4 PI with 2 ER, 4 H, 1 BB and 1 K at the New York Mets on Sunday.
- Career against the D-Backs: no appearances.
MLB betting offers / promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, general conditions apply.
- Bet only $ 1 on either team’s money line, WIN $ 100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the match. Bet now!
- FIRST RISK-FREE BET. Place your first bet, if he loses you will get up to $ 600 in free bets. Bet now!
Nationals at Diamondbacks odds, lines, picks & predictions
- Silver line: Nationals -190 (bet $ 190 to win $ 100) | Diamondbacks +155 (bet $ 100 to win $ 155)
- Against the spread / ATS: National -1.5 (-115) | Diamonds +1.5 (-105)
- More less: 9 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Nationals 5, Diamondbacks 2
Silver Line (ML)
PAST because the Nationals roster divides from the right-handed throw is even worse than that of the D-Backs despite overwhelming talent and better health at the moment.
Race Line / Against Spread (ATS)
GIMME the NATIONAL -0.5 (-140) 5 FIRST HANDS for a three-quarter unit because Scherzer is on the rubber tonight. But Washington’s reliever pen is pretty terrible, and Scherzer’s record would be better if the Nationals relievers held their end of the bargain.
Scherzer got a no-decision against the D-Backs in Washington’s 1-0 win on April 16, but he threw a scoreless gem of 7 innings, 2 strokes, and 10 strikeouts. Additionally, Scherzer has a 27% strikeout rate and 0.233 wOBA expected against hitters in the Arizona lineup.
Over / Under (O / U)
Lightweight “THIN” at UNDER 9 (-115) for a quarter-unit because the Under have conceded five of Scherzer’s seven starts this year, and Smith was pretty good when we pitched against two-time Cy Young winner Jacob deGrom in his previous outing.
However, Washington’s roster is in the top 10 in terms of hard hit rate, contact rate and batting average, but needs to do better with runners in scoring position (RISP). Nationals have the third lowest OPS and the fifth lowest BAbip with RISP.
While Smith is in the 3-percentile of the chase rate, the 2-percentile of the% odor, and the 7-percentile of the predicted batting average, so there’s a good chance Smith will be shaken up tonight by the Nationals.
TO PLAY: Free daily sports competitions. Play now!
Bet on this game now at BetMGM Sportsbook. For more sports betting options and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please play responsibly.
Gannett can earn income through audience referrals to betting services. Editors are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on media coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content.