the Cincinnati Reds (17-19) play the Colorado Rockies (15-24) in the third of their four-game series Saturday at Coors Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 8:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbookthe lines around the Odds of the Reds vs. the Rockies with MLB picks and predictions.
Season Series: Rockies lead 2-0.
RHP Tyler mahle starts for the Reds. Mahle is 2-1 with an ERA of 3.00 (36 IP, 12 ER), 1.17 WHIP, 3.8 BB / 9 and 12.0 K / 9 on 7 starts.
- Last outing: Victory, 14-1, in 5 1/3 IP with 1 ER, 4 H, 4 BB and 7 K on Monday at the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Career against the Rockies: 0-1 with an ERA of 7.53 (14 1/3 IP, 12 ER), 2.09 WHIP and 7.5 K / 9 on 3 starts.
- Rockies vs. Rockies on current roster: 42 at-bats with a .357 / .386 / .500 slash, 8/2 K / BB, 0 HR, and 5 RBI.
- Career at Coors Field: 0-1 with an ERA of 9.64 (9 1/3 IP, 10 ER), 2.36 WHIP and 5.8 K / 9 on 2 starts.
RHP Jhoulys Chacin is the projected starter for the Rockies. Chacin is 0-1 with an ERA of 5.84 (12 1/3 IP, 8 ER), 1.78 WHIP, 5.1 BB / 9 and 5.1 BB / 9 in 6 appearances.
- Last out: No decision in 3 1/3 IP with 2 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, and 0 K in Colorado’s 12-4 loss to the San Francisco Giants on May 4.
- Career against the Reds: 3-1 with an ERA of 2.60 (27 2/3 IP, 8 ER), 1.12 WHIP and 7.5 K / 9 on 5 starts.
- Vs. Reds on current roster: 96 at-bats with a slash of .260 / .345 / .458, 25/11 K / BB, 4 HR, and 15 RBIs.
MLB betting offers / promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, general conditions apply.
- Bet only $ 1 on either team’s money line, WIN $ 100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the match. Bet now!
- FIRST RISK-FREE BET. Place your first bet, if he loses you will get up to $ 600 in free bets. Bet now!
Reds at Rockies odds, lines, picks and predictions
- Silver line: Reds -175 (bet $ 175 to win $ 100) | Rockies +150 (bet $ 100 to win $ 150)
- Against the spread / ATS: Reds -1.5 (-125) | Rockies +1.5 (+105)
- More less: 11 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Rockies 9, red 7
Silver Line (ML)
Lightweight “THIN” at ROCKIES (+150) for a tiny bet only because the Colorado running line is a sharper bet and the Rockies have an advantage in the pitching game today.
Also, the Colorado money line has a higher handle while Cincinnati has a lot more bets placed on its money line, leading me to believe that the Rockies money is “net” and the “Average Joe” supports the Reds.
Chacin’s advanced numbers against the Reds’ roster are much more impressive than Mahle’s against the Rockies.
For example, Chacin has a 23.3 takeout rate, 0.256 expected wOBA and 0.291 expected hitting percentage compared to current Reds hitters, while Mahle has a 17.1% takeout rate, 0.364 expected wOBA and 0.473. expected hitting percentage compared to current Rockies hitters.
In addition, the Reds relievers have the third-worst xFIP, the fourth-worst SIERA and the second-worst percentage left on base.
Colorado’s pen ranks close to Cincinnati’s in all of these measurements, but if there isn’t much of a difference between the two pens and Mahle is drilled by Colorado, then the ROCKIES (+150) becomes juicier.
Race Line / Against Spread (ATS)
Absolutely BET the ROCKIES +1.5 (+105) heavier than or instead of the Colorado silver line. We always get cash payment plus here
Over / Under (O / U)
Lightweight “THIN” at OVER 11 (-105) for a third unit because I don’t trust either the starter or the bullpen, the Reds have passed six of Mahle’s seven starts this season and Colorado have passed eight of their last 10 home games.
TO PLAY: Free daily sports competitions. Play now!
Bet on this game now at BetMGM Sportsbook. For more sports betting choices and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please play responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Editors are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on media coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content.